Monday, July 29, 2013

New Job!

Well, I did it.
On Friday I said good-bye to the day job and the fabulous people there, where I worked for over 10 years. I won't deny it, I was a little emotional at the end.

And now... I'm at the new day job- inviting! Took the weekend off to celebrate not only the job transition, but also my birthday so today, and all week, it's inviting. Which is weird. BUT AWESOME.

So for me, this means a 5 foot commute to the studio and working in my pale pink home office with music playing loudly and a cat screaming at me for a hug.
And, you know, doing what I love for a living. Most excited about that.

But what does this mean for you?
Well, it means quicker turnaround for custom projects (no longer limited to printing on weekends), fresh designs (because I actually have time scheduled in my week to design!), and many more possibilities. Maybe I'll be able to collaborate with some great Austin illustrators. Maybe I'll get a few wholesale accounts so you can purchase inviting's cards in other states. I hope to start a workshop on letterpress printing, and maybe, if I can get back into practice, a calligraphy workshop, too. Fun, exciting stuff.

So thanks for putting up with me stretched so thinly between two jobs. Let's see what can happen with 100% of my attention and effort focused on inviting.

Cheers,
ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment